OBIEE 11g CONFIGURE WRITEBACK
- Write Back provides users of a dashboard page or an analysis with the ability to modify the data that they see in the table view or add notes to be reviewed.
- It is the ability in OBIEE to allow the user to enter a value or values directly into a report and have those values written into the database.
- Values are written back to an actual physical table in the database.
- Only if the user has the “Write back to database privilege”, then the writeback fields in the reports will editable. A manager can add notes to be reviewed by other users.
Steps to configure write back:
- Add write back columns to say W_GL_BALANCE_F table. (SQL access)
- Enable write back for the connection pool (In the repository)
- Enable write back for logical columns. (In the repository)
- Set the write back permission’s in the presentation layer. (In the repository)
- Enable write back in the instanceconfig.xml file. (In the server)
- Create the write back template in xml . (In the server)
- Grant write back privileges. (OBIEE Admin console)
- Create an analysis with columns enabled for write back and verify results. (OBIEE Answers plus)