Creating Calculated Measures in OBICS Data Modeler
If the fact table does not include all the measures you need, then you can create a measure that is calculated from other measures.
- In Data Modeler, click Lock to Edit button.
- The Information dialog box displays confirming that you have successfully locked the model for editing.
- Click OK. The model is locked by the current user for editing.
- Now click on Revenue Metrics.
- The properties of Revenue Metrics are displayed.
- In the Columns area, click Add Columns.
The New Column editor is displayed.
- Perform the following actions :
- In the Name field, type Average Order Size.
- In the expression box, type “Revenue Metrics”.”Revenue”/”Revenue Metrics”.”# of Orders”
- Click Validate.
- The Information dialog box displays a message confirming that the expression is valid.
- Click OK to close the Information dialog box.
- Leave Aggregation set to Before calculating, which means that the expression includes measures that are already aggregated. Click Done.
- The Average Order Size calculated measure is listed in the Columns area. Note that its aggregation is set to Pre-Aggregated.
- Click Done again. The Revenue Metrics fact table contains 11 measures.