Adding Calculated Fields and Filters to your Mobile Application
- Click New then Mobile App from the header.
- Select Phone and click Next.
- In the Create App page, select BI Subject Area. Then select Sample Sales Lite from the Subject Area drop-down list.
- Click Save and save the file as Mobile App Demo.
- The design page for phone opens with data set from the Sample sales lite subject area.
- Now add a Table to the page.
- Drag the following columns from the data source to the table :
- Product Type
- Now add a calculated field.
Click Calculated fields and then click on the plus icon to add a calculated field.
- The Calculated Fields window is displayed. In the Name section you can give the name to your Calculated Field. From the drop-down list you can select your desired Function.
- Select DAYS function. The syntax is shown on the right with a description.
- Now place the cursor between the brackets. Double-click the CURRENT_DATE function.
- Add a comma and double click Calendar Date from the data source field. Always make sure it shows a valid function.
- Click OK. The field is created. You can edit the calculated field or delete it later.
- Add the field to the table.
- Create a named filter and add it to the page.
Expand the Filters Section.
- Click the + sign to add a filter. In the Filter dialog box, enter the values as shown below.
- Click OK. The Brand Filter named filter is created. You can edit or delete the filter.
- Now select the table. In the Properties section Click the Data tab.
- Click the Add Fitter button and select Brand Filter.
- You can see the page showing all values except the Brand BizTech.