Building the Products Dimension Table in the Data Modeler
- In Data Modeler, click Lock to Edit button.
- The Information dialog box displays confirming that you have successfully locked the model for editing.
- Click OK. The model is locked by the current user for editing.
5. The NEW_VIEW page is displayed.
- Click Add Columns, and select CLOUD_D_COLUMNS from the Database Table/View list.
7. In the Columns list, select the following columns:
- Click Add.
The selected columns are displayed in the new view.
- Under Properties, in the Name text box, enter V_New_Products, and click Save.
Note: The V_ prefix is used to match the names of database views created automatically as sources for the other dimension tables.
- Select the SQL Query tab to view the code from the supporting SQL query.
- Select the Data tab to view the data.
- Click Add To Model, select Add as Dimension Table, and click OK.
- The V_New_Products dimension table is listed in the Dimension Tables pane.
- Correct the name of the dimension table toProducts_Newto match the naming convention used for other dimension table names by performing the following steps :
- a) Select V_New_Products dimension table.
- b) Click the Dimension Table Actions icon , and select Inspect.
- The Overview tab for the V_New_Products dimension table is displayed.
16. Under Properties, in the Name text box, type Products_New, and click Done.
The Products_New dimension table is listed in the Dimension Tables pane.