The main objective of this lab is to transfer the data from the source table to target table using Informatica 9.1.0.We have a source table named as customer(containing data) and target table(empty) as customer_target. The source and target table may or may not be present on the same schema.
Please follow the following steps.
- Go to All Programs and Run Informatica as administrator.
- Go to Repositories and Connect.
- Click on Repository Manager.
- Go to Folder on the toolbar and select Create. This will allow you to create a folder where you will be able to save your lab.
- Provide a name for the folder (e.g X_FOLDER_1)
- Refresh the Repository so that the new folder appears.
- Right click on the folder and Connect.
- In the tools select Source Analyzer so that the source analyzer window appears.
- On the toolbar of Source Analyzer
- Click on Sources>>Import from Database.
- Provide the ODBC data source, Username and Password of the source schema.
- Click on Connect so that all tables from the schema appears.
- Select the table(s) you want to import and click ok.
- Now should be able to see that in the Source Analyzer window the imported table(s) appears.
Go to Target Analyzer.
- Provide the ODBC data source, Username and Password of the Target schema.
- All the tables present in the schema appears, Select the Target table(s) and click on ok.
- In the Target Analyzer the imported target tables appears with all its attributes.
- Go to Mapping Designer.
- Drag the Source table and Target table from the Source folder and Target folder into the Mapping Designer provide a name to the mapping in the appeared pop-up.
- The Source linked with a Source Qualifier and the target tables appear in the mapping designer window.
- Now, Link each column from the Source Qualifier to the respective column in the target table. Links will appear.
- Save the mapping.
- Right click on the mapping folder and click on Versioning>>Check In.
- Give a Versioning code and click on Apply to All.
- Right click on mapping and Generate Workflow.
- A Workflow Generator Wizard will appear.
- Provide the Connection Object for the Source and Target and click on Next.
- Click on Finish to Generate Workflow.
- Now, Go to Workflow and select Workflow Designer.
- Drag and drop the mapping you created in the Workflow Designer.
- Now, the Workflow Designer will appear as below
- Right click on mapping and select Start Workflow.
- Now you will be directed to the Workflow Monitor tab automatically, If not directed then select the Workflow Monitor in the toolbar.
- The result of the workflow can be viewed in workflow monitor.