You can use the BigQuery web UI as a visual interface to complete tasks like running queries, loading data, and exporting data.
Step 1: Create a Cloud Platform project
- Open the link and provide the Credentials – https://console.cloud.google.com/cloud-resource-manager. It displays the Manage resources page. Click on Create Project.
- Provide a name for the project and click on Create.
- After the project gets created move to Google BigQuery Web UI. You can make the Project created as Default by using the ‘Switch to Project’ option as shown.
Step 2: Create a Dataset and Load Data
- Click the down arrow icon next to your project name in the navigation, then click Create new dataset.
- Input the following name for the dataset ID. Next click OK.
- Drop down the Dataset and now select ‘Create New Table’.
- Under Source Data, click the Choose file Navigate to the data and select a csv file to upload. Under Destination Table, provide the name for the new Table. Under Schema choose Automatically Detect Check Box. Finally hit Create Table option.
- The status of loading the data can be viewed in Recent Jobs.